Friday, September 09, 2005

When 55 is Too Much

**

Not today, thought Laxman, as the alarm rang. Everyday for the past 20 years, he had woken up at 5 am to a monotonous day. But not today, thought Laxman, as he hit the alarm and returned to deep slumber. He didn’t feel the tremor three hours later as the building came crashing down.

**

His wife, ex-wife now, had put up a hard fight but he was free at last. Now, he was completely Angelina’s. Angelina was waiting for him in her apartment. “I don’t how to break this to you. I’ve fallen in love with someone else. I’m going to Paris with him tomorrow.”

**

It was a dream come true. Happy Birthday to me, he screamed and jumped from the aircraft. Whee! This was the life. He tugged at the parachute strings. Oops!

**

In the beginning God created heaven and earth… and he saw that it was good. And it remained good for evermore. He had skipped creating man you see. Just then, the irksome twang of harps woke him up. God looked down upon earth and sighed, “Ah well, no use crying over spilt milk."

**

The stories are the result of a tag by Rajesh J. Advani. And I pass it on to:

Bhavv
E Vestigio
M

11 comments:

Extempore said...

As usual, my dear, superlative. I only wish you wrote more regularly. *hug* :)

And will make you pay for this tag, see if I don't! :P

Extempore said...


Just then, the irksome twang of harps woke him up. God looked down upon earth and sighed, “Ah well, no use crying over spilt milk."


You wicked wicked person, you! :))

Anonymous said...

I'm not a blogger (yet), but you don't need to be one to recognise good writing... Especially liked your piece on the floods... Gunesekara-like in its visual imagery - Manan

Archster said...

Enjoyed reading all all the short stories. Especially the third.

Words Worth said...

Extempore: Of course I'd be wicked. How can I deny my true nature?

I wish I could write more regularly too. But it's not easy without a computer at home.

Manan: Thanks so much. When you do start a blog, do drop by and leave the link.

Archster: Thanks. I enjoyed writing them too.

Unknown said...

Don't write 'em too much, you satisfy just the way you are. Like a Tarantino movie.

Rajesh J Advani said...

Nice! :) Loved them all :)

Not sure if I understood the last one (but I know somehow, that it's the best one!)

Words Worth said...

Lazy strokes: Thanks. I would like to write more often though. The ideas are in my head, just haven't gotten around to putting them down.

Rajesh: Yup, the last one is my favourite too. :-)

Ramchi: Yes, it's quite interesting. At first I thought which idiot thought of just 55 words. When I got down to it, it was quite a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

The presumption that I will start a blog is welcome... and my significant younger will chortle upon reading this admission - Manan

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Design firm interior las vegas Antidepressant picture Fibromyalgia ultram ultracet Sharp printer factory default Guage sex Nissan truck clutch diagram Make you own website with a macintosh computer Video conferencing arizona 401k rollover How to grow a princess flower Public golf course in new york +blackberry +recipes http://www.cosmetic-surgery-tv-commercials.info laptop apple Ionamin phentermine discount diet pills Free xxx mature hardcore pics movies Sentry antimicrobial surveillance Symptoms of mold allergieso mold allergies free big cocks for mom